Sometimes, groups discuss problems that touch them personally, as when there are changes in their workplaces. Discussions of individual impacts can clarify perceptions, develop shared understandings, and improve assessments of perceived impacts.
- Name the problem to be discussed.
- Ask members of the group if they agree with the problem.
- Ask group participants to take turns indicating how they think the problem affects
- Give people an opportunity to ask clarifying questions.
- Ask people if their perception of the problem has changed based on the discussion
and, if so, how.